Thursday, August 10, 2006

an update ...

Okay ... so I know the last two posts were rediculously short ... sorry.

Life is just crazy right now. Work is really getting on my nerves. I know that I really shouldn't have such high expectations and then it wouldn't bother me as much but that's not who I am. I expect things to be a certain way and when it isn't I'm not a happy camper. You'd think that as old as I am and as much as I've been through I would have learned better ways to handle this stress but I think it bothers me this much because I am personally invested in UNF. This is where my degree is from. This is where I have spent (off and on) about 10 years of my life. I feel the pain of the students when they feel we are screwing them over. I've been there ... done that.

Anyway, recently some pretty cool people have come into my life and for that I am thankful. I also just learned that my Grandma Hoo Hoo and Aunt Trish are doing fine ... no cancer ... and that is quite a blessing. Also, I suprised my dad with tickets to a Tom Petty concert and he's pretty darn excited. Score!

So ... this weekend ... let's see. I have a work happy hour social at the Cheesecake Factory this Friday ... nice (not to mention free). Friday is also my friend Michelle's birthday (happy birthday, Michelle). Saturday I'm hanging with friends, cleaning house and doing laundry ... woo hoo. Sunday I am starting a"new members" class at church. I think I'm going to go ahead and make Southside my new church home. I really haven't found a church I feel at home in here. Southside is as close as it gets and I'm sure that after I really start getting involved it will feel more like a home and I won't feel so much like a visitor.

Well, that's all for now. Enjoy the weekend. TTYL.

No comments: