Friday, January 16, 2009

Friday Funnies ...

Hey y'all! I've decided that from now on each Friday I will share with you actual conversations or emails I've encountered here at the University. Please keep in mind that these students are "adults" and I will always leave their messages intact with no spell check, etc ...

First up ... an email that was mistakenly sent to a friend who has a name in common with a professor at the university:

I just wanted to share this email that was obviously sent to me by mistake. I looked up the class that this "Cinnamon" (poor poor girl) is apparently taking. It is a Rhetoric and Writing class. She is apparently in great need of the course. Not only is her spell check turned off, but her persuasion skills are quite lacking. I mean can't you find out if this so called "red id" is necessary and, if so, can't you get one for yourself? Must be a freshman.
-Anna

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: cinnamon Date: Tue, Sep 9, 2008 at 11:15 PMSubject: RWS 100, Sect

In reguards to the homework:This is Cinnamon. I am in your class from 10:00 to 10:50. I have the home work done but my printer is out of ink and I don't have financial means to buy a new ink cartridge at the moment. I would go to the library to print it out but I do not have a red id. I'm not even fully sure if a red idea is needed. I was wondering if I could maybe bring in a cd and print it out in the class or at least show you on your computer that it is doneon time. I greatfully appreciate you taking the time to read this and hopefully you understand my situation
-Cinnamon

No comments: