Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Some random thoughts and updates ...



I have such great intentions ... always ... in all aspects of my life.

I'm a starter definitely ... enthusiastic, full of ideas, raring to tackle whatever it is head on. And then it fizzles. I get exhausted with too many other projects I'm trying to tackle.

I'm in a book club that meets every other Sunday evening now, and of course there is work throughout the week, and I'm a member of Beaches Rotaract which meets every other Thursday, and I'm in the Single Young Professionals group at church which meets every other Tuesday, and I am doing the Esther bible study on Monday nights, not to mention the various volunteering that comes with being a part of the various groups.

This past weekend I was at the beach Saturday morning bright and early for a beach clean-up. It was rewarding to do something selfless but it was super windy outside and my face received a facial because of the sand blowing around. That evening I went to my friend, Renee's to help her celebrate her birthday. It's great to be a part of all these things but it sure is exhausting. I think I've mentioned it before but I love all of these things, I do, I just wish I had more time.

This past Sunday I went to The Grotto for a wine tasting with a few friends and we decided that we liked it so much that we're going to move our book club meetings there. It was $10 for 6 glasses and each glass was more than just a taste but rather almost a full pour. Nathan, the manager and sommelier, was super friendly and knowledgeable. We tried a 2002 Bridlewood Syrah that was amazing and Nathan said he knew people at the vineyard in Santa Barbara so he's going to hook me up when I go out to see my sister in Los Angeles in June!

My birthday is on Saturday. This year - because of the crappy economy - I'm going to stay local. I'm headed to Disney with my sister, Lauren. This year Disney is letting you in free on your birthday ... woo hoo! So, we're going to get park-hopper passes and try and hit up all the roller coasters. We'll spend the night at the Dolphin on property and I'll travel back to Jacksonville on Sunday for my party at The Lemon Bar. I'm meeting my Jax peeps at 3:30 pm ... sure hope I can make it back in time!

No comments: