Sunday, August 03, 2008

Best Day Ever


So ... today is the best day ever! I am going to sit right here and drink my Pinot Noir and tell you all about it ...


I woke up this morning refreshed and before my alarm (which almost never happens). I got out of bed and took my shower and decided to jump right into cleaning (which also almost never happens). I vacuumed, scrubbed my bathroom floor, washed some area rugs ... things that I always seem to put off until I absolutely have to do them ... and decided that since I had some time before church I'd put on CBS Sunday Morning and check my email. In my Gmail I had a friend request waiting for me on Facebook and wouldn't you know it ... my good friend, Colleen, from what seems like ages ago!


I couldn't believe it! She and I were best buds for my sophomore year at UNF. Her father had a heart attack (I think that was it) and she left spring semester to go home and attend FAU. I was devastated ... here I had found my twin soul ... the one who truly got me better than anyone else ... the one who was just as sick and twisted and fun and evil and hilarious as I was ... and she left me. Sure, we tried to keep in touch ... but life gets in the way.


Next thing I know it's been 10 years almost and here we are again ... with a second chance. When I tell you this girl is funny ... she's hilarious! We have the exact same sense of humor ... we liked the same food, drink, music, you name it. It was a blast being her friend! So here I am ... writing back and forth today ... trying to play catch up. I tell you what ... God works in mysterious ways.


Here I am all depressed about my mortgage ... and the lack of funds to cover my said mortgage each month ... and how am I going to refinance when my condo is supposedly worth less than I owe ... and all I can think about today isn't the worries but the memories.


Life is good ... despite all the shit thrown at you ... life is good.

No comments: